Department of Mathematics Office: Gilbreath Hall 308H
East Tennessee State University Phone:
PO Box 70663 Fax: (423) 439-8361
Johnson City, TN 37614 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ph.D. in Statistics, Purdue
Advisor: Professor Bruce A. Craig
Dissertation: Incorporating time-dependent covariates in the Cox proportional hazards model: the LVAR approach
M.S. in Applied Statistics, Peking University, P. R. China, 1999
Advisor: Professor Zhongjie Xie
Thesis: Modeling of Time-Varying AR(p) Processes Using Wavelets and Application of Neural Networks for Financial Forecasting
B.S. in Applied Mathematics, Northwestern Polytechnical University, P. R. China, 1996
· Survival analysis
· Longitudinal data analysis
· Applications to finance and economics
· Statistical consulting
· Applications to Biology, Medicine and Public Health
· Associate Professor: ETSU, Department of Mathematics, August 2011- Present
· Assistant Professor: ETSU, Department of Mathematics, August 2005 - – July 2011
· X. Liu, Y.Liu, D. Tsilimingras and K. M. Campbell (2013). Racial disparity in the associations of microalbuminuria and macroalbuminuria with odds of hypertension: results from the NHANES study in the United States. ISRN Hypertension. Article ID 390109. http://dx.doi.org/10.5402/2013/390109.
· R. Hamdy, M. Mottl, M. Perdue, I. Cline, Y. Liu (2013). Scanning both hips and the lumbar vertebrae in men identifies more patients with osteoporosis than scanning one hip and the lumbar vertebrae. Journal of Aging Science. Vol 1(1). http://dx.doi.org/10.4172/jasc.1000103
· C. Zhang, Y. Liu, J. M. Kovacs, F. Flores-Verdugo, F. F. de Santiago and K. Chen (2012). Spectral response to varying levels of leaf pigments collected from a degraded mangrove forest. Journal of Applied Remote Sensoring. 6 (063501), 1-14.
· E. Seier and Y. Liu (2011). An Exercise to Introduce Power. Teaching Statistics. Published online http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1467-9639.2011.00464.x/pdf on APR 4, 2011.
· K. Wang, X. Liu, N. Aragam, X. Jian, J. Mullersman, Y. Pan, and Y. Liu (2011). Polymorphisms in ABLIM1 are Associated with Personality Traits and Alcohol Dependence. Journal of Molecular Neuroscience. Published online http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21547531 on May 6, 2011.
· K. Wang, X. Liu, N. Aragam, X. Jian, J. Mullersman, Y. Liu, and Y. Pan (2011). Family-based association analysis of alcohol dependence in the COGA sample and replication in the Australian twin-family study. Journal of Neural Transmission. Published online http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21445666 on March 29, 2011.
· Q. Chen, L. Jiang, and Y. Liu (2010). Culture distance and the foreign equity shares in international joint ventures: the case of China. Journal of Chinese Economic and Foreign Trade Studies. Vol 3 (3), pp 189-203.
· Q. Chen, T. Feng, and Y. Liu (2010). The impact of income distribution on the growth and fluctuation of the Chinese economy: 1998-2009. Contemporary Asian Economy Research. Vol 1(1), 17-30.
· L. Jiang, Q. Chen, and Y. Liu (2010). FDI and the change in the Chinese culture. International Journal of Social Economics. Vol 37 (2), 101-118.
· Q. Chen and Y. Liu (2009). The diffusion of a process innovation with gently declining production cost. Journal of Industry, Competition and trade. Vol 11(2), 109-129. Published online on December 19, 2009. http://www.springerlink.com/content/1v50w422144l67n1/.
K. Chen, Y. Liu, and Q. Chen (2009). How much does history matter? A
geographic analysis of venture capital investments in the
Q. Chen, Z. Ozdemir, and Y. Liu (2009). The diffusion
of internet-based distance education technology among
· Y. Liu and B. A. Craig (2006). Incorporating a time-dependent covariate in survival analysis using LVAR. Statistics in Medicine. 25 (10), 1729-1740.
· Z. Xie, W. C. Ip, H. Wong, and Y. Liu (2001). Artificial neuron network and its application to financial forecasting. Acta Scientiarum Naturalium Universitatis Pekinensis. 37 (3), 421-425.
· Z. Xie and Y. Liu (2000). Exchange rate forecasting by neural network. Proceeding of the 7th Japan-China Symposium in Statistics. 23-26.
· Z. Xie, Y. Liu, W. C. Ip, and H. Wong (2000). Statistical modeling of J-effect and policy experiments. Acta Scientiarum Naturalium Universitatis Pekinensis. 36 (1), 142-148.
W. C. Ip, H. Wong, Z. Xie,
and Y. Liu (2000). Statistical modeling of the J-curve effect in trade balance:
a case study.