Department of Mathematics Office: Gilbreath Hall 308H
East Tennessee State University Phone:
PO Box 70663 Fax: (423) 439-8361
Johnson City, TN 37614 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ph.D. in Statistics, Purdue
Advisor: Professor Bruce A. Craig
Dissertation: Incorporating time-dependent covariates in the Cox proportional hazards model: the LVAR approach
M.S. in Applied Statistics, Peking University, P. R. China, 1999
Advisor: Professor Zhongjie Xie
Thesis: Modeling of Time-Varying AR(p) Processes Using Wavelets and Application of Neural Networks for Financial Forecasting
B.S. in Applied Mathematics, Northwestern Polytechnical University, P. R. China, 1996
· Survival analysis
· Longitudinal data analysis
· Financial statistics
· Statistical consulting
· Neural network
· Applications to Biology, Medicine and Public Health
· Associate Professor: ETSU, Department of Mathematics, August 2011- Present
· Assistant Professor: ETSU, Department of Mathematics, August 2005 - – July 2011
· J.M. Kovacs, Y. Liu, C. Zhang, F. F. de Santiago, and F. Flores-Verdugo (2011). A field based statistical approach for validating a remotely sensed mangrove forest classification scheme. Wetlands Ecology and Management. Published online http://www.springerlink.com/content/wr1h266705857714/ August 2011.
· E. Seier and Y. Liu (2011). An Exercise to Introduce Power. Teaching Statistics. Published online http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1467-9639.2011.00464.x/pdf on APR 4, 2011.
· K. Wang, X. Liu, N. Aragam, X. Jian, J. Mullersman, Y. Pan, and Y. Liu (2011). Polymorphisms in ABLIM1 are Associated with Personality Traits and Alcohol Dependence. Journal of Molecular Neuroscience. Published online http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21547531 on May 6, 2011.
· K. Wang, X. Liu, N. Aragam, X. Jian, J. Mullersman, Y. Liu, and Y. Pan (2011). Family-based association analysis of alcohol dependence in the COGA sample and replication in the Australian twin-family study. Journal of Neural Transmission. Published online http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21445666 on March 29, 2011.
· Q. Chen, L. Jiang, and Y. Liu (2010). Culture distance and the foreign equity shares in international joint ventures: the case of China. Journal of Chinese Economic and Foreign Trade Studies. Vol 3 (3), pp 189-203.
· Q. Chen, T. Feng, and Y. Liu (2010). The impact of income distribution on the growth and fluctuation of the Chinese economy: 1998-2009. Contemporary Asian Economy Research. Vol 1(1), 17-30.
· L. Jiang, Q. Chen, and Y. Liu (2010). FDI and the change in the Chinese culture. International Journal of Social Economics. Vol 37 (2), 101-118.
· Q. Chen and Y. Liu (2009). The diffusion of a process innovation with gently declining production cost. Journal of Industry, Competition and trade. Vol 11(2), 109-129. Published online on December 19, 2009.
K. Chen, Y. Liu,
and Q. Chen (2009). How much does history matter? A geographic analysis of
venture capital investments in the
Q. Chen, Z. Ozdemir, and Y. Liu (2009). The diffusion of internet-based
distance education technology among
· Y. Liu and B. A. Craig (2006). Incorporating a time-dependent covariate in survival analysis using LVAR. Statistics in Medicine. 25 (10), 1729-1740.
· Z. Xie, W. C. Ip, H. Wong, and Y. Liu (2001). Artificial neuron network and its application to financial forecasting. Acta Scientiarum Naturalium Universitatis Pekinensis. 37 (3), 421-425.
· Z. Xie and Y. Liu (2000). Exchange rate forecasting by neural network. Proceeding of the 7th Japan-China Symposium in Statistics. 23-26.
· Z. Xie, Y. Liu, W. C. Ip, and H. Wong (2000). Statistical modeling of J-effect and policy experiments. Acta Scientiarum Naturalium Universitatis Pekinensis. 36 (1), 142-148.
W. C. Ip, H. Wong, Z. Xie, and Y. Liu
(2000). Statistical modeling of the J-curve effect in trade balance: a case